DaCre: Diagnostics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DaCre: Diagnostics

The Next Installment of DaCre

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Submersion

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark Von Doom

Ark Von Doom

Submersion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Submersion   Submersion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:33 pm

Though Petra was a bit put out when Allie didn't hop on her expert fashion advice (she'd come around), the girl did make a valid point about the CDC's absense. Not that she would be getting bored of kicking butts with Parquis and Floppity anytime soon, but it would have been nice to see them after the battle... And to have more opponents than that skunk.

The delay gave her a thought though. Just for kicks, she began doing backwards everything she had just done with as much accuracy as possible. If she pranked it right, they might think the tape was on rewind.

Fortunately, this antic was cut off before she could get to re-poking Allie's stomach when a voice started kicking into their heads, and the content was much more interesting than- Awww, who was she kidding. Petra stepped forward and poked Allie again just because she was distracted, and then caught the tail end of the general message.

"Any direction? Is that meaning-" At that point, Petra stepped back from poking Allie, and instead found that she was stepping back into someplace entirely different, the world bending in front of her eyes. Disconcerting was right, and, as her reaction generally warranted, Petra's first act was to swing her fist at this new environment, stumbling onto her backside in the process as she fought the effects of the unsettling optic jump. She blinked at her new surroundings.

"What in hell...?"
Back to top Go down
duco-ducis

duco-ducis

PostSubject: Re: Submersion   Submersion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:24 pm

"Alpha Tester role as in...a player?!"

Matthew was a bit stunned at such a proposition. He wasn't a gamer, and he'd never really 'played' DaCre. All he knew about it was the basics, but he'd never actually used his DaCre. Heck, he'd only made the thing to get his friends to stop bugging him about it. It currently had about as much activity as his twitter page. Well this sucked, when had they snuck that in?

Still...they weren't forcing him to do it. Heck the voice had already offered to pull him out right now. But it wasn't like they were asking for stellar performance, just...test the system. So just test the system get it done. Simple!

"Eh...well I guess as long as I can do what I 'originally' signed up for after this I guess I'm still in. I mean, it's not like I'm in any danger in here...right?"

This question was likely not to receive an immediate answer; for Matthew inadvertently took the one step required backwards.

The next thing he knew, Matthew was staring up at what he could only assume was the sky. His head was still whirling about, and was likely the reason he was on his back.

"Oh...geez, disconcerting seems a bit of an understatement there." the youth decided to ignore the possibility it was just his own poor physique responsible for his shaky footing. Rolling over, Matthew pushed himself to his feet and tried to take in his surroundings, "So...what do we have here?"
Back to top Go down
High
Admin
High

PostSubject: Re: Submersion   Submersion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:59 pm

Alphonse stifled his laughing as Mathew shouted despite the fact that it may be a valid way to contact the programmers. It seemed futile in this desert environment, almost reminiscent of someone going slightly insane from a heat stroke or something. Sun touched, or something. When the voice spoke, however, his smile faded.

"Well... this ought to be an educational experience."

He saw Mathew take a step backwards, and shrugged. He was tempted to try diving forward as a challenge to the disorientation, but digressed and took a simple step forward. As he appeared in a new environment, he had a momentary feel of motion sickness, shook his head, and took stock of his surroundings.
Back to top Go down
https://dacrediagnostics.forumotion.com
The 42nd Gecko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Submersion   Submersion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 8:15 pm

Allie made her step backwards as she attempted to evade Petra's poke. She arrived, stayed on her feet, wobbling precariously for a few seconds, before tumbling.

Meanwhile, as Matthew turned his head to attempt to take in his surroundings, he'd come face to face with a gun pointed straight between his eyes. Hopefully, his first unthinking reflex would be to do something about this, otherwise he'd get a bullet through his head. Conversely, if his reflex was to do something about this, it'd probably succeed, as Exemplar waited for Matthew to see the gun before firing.

Everyone's DaCre would materialize, in D rank, but with all the points necessary to go into infinite C. However, their manifestation would be a bit behind Exemplar's shot, so they wouldn't be able to do anything about that.

All the testers were within about 10 yards of each other, Alphonse and Matthew close together and Petra nearly back to back with Allie. Exemplar, was of course, right in front of Matthew.

She was currently seeming to be aiming for a "Matrix" style appearance, duster and sunglasses and all that. It was her left hand currently holding Hydra, her weapon, and her left foot was pointed towards him, while her right foot was perpendicular to him. Her right foot was closer to her body, the left foot pushed further out, so her torso was at a roughly 150 degree angle to him. Her right hand was at her side.
Back to top Go down
duco-ducis

duco-ducis

PostSubject: Re: Submersion   Submersion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 9:22 pm

Matthew's mind was clicking and whirring faster than the spin of the revolver. This was more akin to his kind of situation; being faced with a problem and immediately responding. He was no bodybuilder, but his smarts at least allowed him to react. His first thought was to attempt to disarm, but his own physique compared to the intimidating aura of Exemplar only convinced him this would end badly if caught in any sort of grapple.

Rather his foot snapped upwards, the toe aiming to kick the gun upwards or out of her hand. Unfortunately, reading about something wasn't the same as doing. As his foot shot up, his aim was good but his footing wasn't. Irregardless of whether he succeeded or not, Matthew would fall down and back in a spin. Perhaps it was for the best as the teenager would end up clumsily backrolling across the ground. He'd end up with his feet sprawled forward, and his rear in the air, a dazed expression peeking out from between his legs. Once again he'd ended up on his back.

~I should have waited for a response to my last statement!~

He'd barely missed his DaCre. If not for the little creature's immediate response to be diving under, she would have been squished. The poor nervous shrew wasn't use to so many things at once. Her curiosity would prove the stronger in time, but first she wanted to survey the situation from underground. Her immediate reaction was to scan the area with her Swamp from underground, whilst continuing to move a bit deeper.
Back to top Go down
Ark Von Doom

Ark Von Doom

PostSubject: Re: Submersion   Submersion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:04 pm

"Oh, wonderful. They just banish us away until there's more fighting to be done." Parquis remarked as Matthew made his startled evasive action, a look of distaste on her face. "Most uncivilized."

"Hi Petra," Floppity offered, her own expression showing she was more content over seeing their Tamer again than worried about the announced fight.

"Is being alive!" Petra snatched both of them up in another killer bear hug, and Floppity squeaked pleasantly at the attention. Parquis' expression, as always, was more serious, and she simply patted Petra's head as if she were a puppy and waited for them to be released. When they were, she straightened her shawl out, and glared at Exemplar.

"I suppose we're supposed to deal with this rabble now?" Parquis's thorns quivered slightly, but she was being cautious this time. Her opponent didn't seem nearly as forgiving as that skunk had been.

But Petra frowned, the cogs in her brain whirring. Though that analogy actually managed to distract her, and for a second she listened for the tell-tale 'clink-clank-clunk' of machinery before voicing her reply.

"No," Petra finally announced with a shake of her head. Floppity tilted her head in confusion, looking from her sister to Petra with worry.

"We don't mind, honest." Floppity offered, but Petra only shook her head again in dismissal.

"No, Parquis is being with the rightness." Petra turned and instead faced towards Exemplar herself, assuming a boxing stance and gesturing with her left hand at the new arrivals of Matthew and Alphonse. "We are being with team now. You two be making with the boost moves. I will offensive."

"You?" Parquis offered with incredulity.

"Yes, me! I am not being sissy girl, who needs her cute friends to look after! If we are wanting to have good talk, like the civil-eyed folk, then I will be needing to handle fighting myself." Petra grinned. "Besides, how often am I be able to beat up on crazy girl with pistol in real world? This will be with much excitings, yes?"

"It's... civilized, darling. I'm not even going to bother to correct the rest but..." Parquis blinked. "If... that's the way you want it, I suppose we could always test that out."

"Be careful..." Floppity mumbled, wincing back a bit under even the side Exemplar's piercing glare.

"Alright! Let us be kicking the ass, yes!?" Petra hopped on the balls of her feet, but, not being legitimately suicidal, waited for other DaCre to make the first move. Punching a crazy girl was all fun and games, but getting shot would probably... Sting a little.
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Submersion   Submersion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:48 pm

As Roeh and Alice came up to the door and pushed the doorbell, they would hear a bit of a dull impact on the door from the other side. And they'd sense a powerful data signal. A-Rank, easily.

Then, a small view port would slide open, just three inches tall by eight inches wide. And a human female mouth, pouring blood from between its lips, would be pushed up against the port. A pair of hands grabbed the cheeks from below and began animating the mouth in some poor imitation of speech, as an intentionally poor falsetto from the other side declared, "I'm Shwowy, we aren't taking any vhishitors today."
Back to top Go down
NolChannel
Admin
NolChannel

PostSubject: Re: Submersion   Submersion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 11:00 pm

Ah, such a wasted effort. In the near-hour that Alice and Roeh had spent preparing, they had come up with fake names, identification cards, and even faked their role in a popular video game company to better help with their costume. Truly, it would be one that would have given Roeh a fair chance to go and find any bit of access...

And then they were greeted at the door by a dead body.

"..."

"..."

"... Screw the cover?

"Screw it."

Knowing just what was about to happen, Roeh quickly took the loaded magnum that Alice offered to him, while the cyborg grabbed the door powerfully with her right hand, right at the door's open slit. The metal bent under her hand, before being pushed inward, hinges breaking straight off of the door's seam, hopefully right over whatever this stupid trick was! And if the hand alone wasn't enough, Alice followed up with a kick to the door's flat surface, hopefully breaking their way inward!

"Psycho company..." Taking a step back, Roeh pushed an emergency contact button on the phone in his pocket, before drawing his weapon and aiming it forward.

If they had an opportunity to do so, the pair would attempt to enter... but just what was with this damned company!?

Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Submersion   Submersion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 11:14 pm

"Aw, now that's just rude! Is this anyway to treat a lady?" The voice came from underneath the door, which, while blown inward, was teetering on top two bodies. The room was smeared and splattered with blood. and from underneath the door, two black wings visible around the sides, and a hand holding an obviously broken female arm and forcing it to do a wave.

While Roeh and Alice could enter.. They'd kinda have to be walking on the door or around it on the wings to get further than a couple of feet.
Back to top Go down
NolChannel
Admin
NolChannel

PostSubject: Re: Submersion   Submersion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 11:27 pm

"Freaking A-rank already..."

Biting his lip, Roeh took a step back, tempted to just empty the magnum into one of the wings. However, the DaCre's data signal made it dicey to attempt to do anything without a real response. Who knows what this thing was capable of if it could get a grab on either of them? "If not a door..."

"Let's let our flame-boy deal with this nuisance." Stepping away and back out into the open, Alice taking the lead and Roeh to the rear, the pair ran across to the building's fire escape. With a leap and a grab Alice broke the lock on the ladder and sent it down, climbing in the same motion as Roeh followed upwards.

Right, anything to buy distance from this creep! Provided they could, the pair would move up two stories, and strong-arm through a window on the third floor. One thing was clear: they needed answers, and were probably justified in dealing with them in whatever way possible.

"Fun times..."

They were looking for anything at this point: workers, phone ports, computers, laptops, or even a simple floor plan!

Back to top Go down
Ark Von Doom

Ark Von Doom

PostSubject: Re: Submersion   Submersion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 11:53 pm

"You really shouldn't have to deal with all that crap." Tanya Piddlebane offered, holding a newspaper and coffee for Nate as he strolled down the hall away from the Advanced Testing room. "Just because some idiot down there couldn't do their job doesn't mean it's your job to pick up the slack."

"The man was knocked unconcious, Tanya." Nate said with a sigh, hitting the button for the elevator to come to their floor and taking the coffee. Black, except for one sugar. Served its purpose.

"That's no excuse for slacking on his duties!" Tanya replied, but Nate's annoyed look cut her short. She decided to change her approach. "Fine, fine, but you should have just made Elchanan do it. That man has far too much free time on his hands."

"'That man' is my superior, Miss Piddlebane." Nate said it only half out of the man's defense- the rest of it was almost a sigh. "Whatever he's doing with his time, we just have to assume it's important to the company. Even if it is wiping interns brains." Nate had hired Jeff himself. It had been obvious he was an infiltrator from the start, but why Mr.Elchanan didn't realize that not having any spies around was more curious business practice than keeping an incompetent one around was still beyond him. Back in his former occupations it was almost a given. But the CDC didn't run nearly as much like those places as he sometimes wished it would.

"Well, that Jeff was gross anyway. One day here, and he was already dropping potato-chip crumbs everywhere! If I didn't-" Tanya's eye suddenly twitched. Nate followed her gaze... and only barely refrained from a twitch himself. The sight of Alice trying to break her way through a window was not something he liked to see every day... Though, suprisingly enough, not nearly as unexpected as it could have been.

"That little bi-" Tanya began, but Nate quickly drained his coffee, nearly scalding his throat in the process, and handed it over to her.

"Tanya, could you run and get me another coffee?"

Tanya simply stared at Alice, a look near insanity on her face.

"Miss Piddlebane," Nate repeated, harder. Tanya seemed to shake from her daze.

"What? Oh, coffee. Yes, of course, Mr.Greendale." Eye twitching, Tanya went off down the hall, and Nate stepped over to the window, raising it before Alice could go through the trouble of smashing it in.

"Out for a little parkour, are we?" Nate offered with a pleasantly neutral tone. Unlike his secretary, he had never actually dealt with Alice before. But he was the CDC Kairik Branch's head of personnel. And, even with their bad disguises, it was all too apparent who the woman on his fire escape actually was. "But, I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to climb elsewhere. This building is private property, Miss Alice, and we wouldn't want to lose any shingles."

Back to top Go down
NolChannel
Admin
NolChannel

PostSubject: Re: Submersion   Submersion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 12:04 am

Well, that entry sure could have gone a little smoother. No sooner had Alice broken through the window, then did they end up in the middle of the Piddlebanes' and Greendale's conversation. And wow, did Nate try to sound calm, cool, and collective... parkour? Alice merely gave a confused look, not sure what he was getting at-

"Oh, I get it... that's a Mirror's Edge reference, isn't it?" Now that their cover was completely blown anyway, Roeh couldn't help but feel the futility of acting in character, or pretending to give an inch to whoever was in the room. "Cute..." Stepping into the window from the fire escape, Alice merely shook her head, looking sternly over at Nate:

"You no longer have the authority to make me leave this premises. You've at least three dead people sitting in your foyer, and judging by your wanting coffee, you either don't know about it or just don't care... and, considering you seemed so calm before, I'm actually going to believe the former. I'd be more worried about why the security system isn't blaring throughout this entire place to get people to evacuate from the crazy digital murderer I only managed to stall before getting up here."

"Sheesh, intense much?" Roeh chuckled. Cool as ever, Alice disregarded this, eyes sternly meeting Nate's:

"You'd be very wise to have me on your side and not be against me here. So how do you want to do this?"

Back to top Go down
High
Admin
High

PostSubject: Re: Submersion   Submersion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 12:17 am

"Geezums!" Alphonse exclaimed, backing away from Exemplar with short, quick steps, keeping facing her. Even though the gun wasn't directly aimed at him, it was still an intimidating force to be reckoned with. In the mean time, he was focusing to rank up Kyotei. He didn't want to make the first move in this situation, since the opponent was apparently a dangerous foe and, more importantly, had a gun.

Kyotei glided overhead, observing the field below, making his way slowly over towards Allie, Petra, and their DaCre. He was just curious if any of them had any attacks that would be more effective than his or could help him be more effective. He remained ready to evade a sudden attack, however.
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Submersion   Submersion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 12:31 am

"Aw, why do I always have to fight the pretty ladies.." Felix was exasperated at the prospect of having to fight another beautiful gal.

However, his expression changed to surprise, as Exemplar's outfit changed into a martial arts gi, and her gun just seemed to meld into her form. However, her sunglasses remained, and she peered over them at Petra, as she shifted her right foot forward and pulled her arms up into a guarded stance

"Do you request a duel? I am intrigued by what you intend to accomplish as a human."
Back to top Go down
Ark Von Doom

Ark Von Doom

PostSubject: Re: Submersion   Submersion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 1:34 am

"Actually, I have every authority to remove you both from this building, and the alloted land around it." Nate's tone hadn't gotten angry, but it was hard. Professional. Alice was a forceful personality... but for intimidation value, she actually wasn't much worse than the people he usually dealt with. Even Petra had been slightly more offputting, if only because of the tattoos. "This is privately owned land, Miss Alice. I am quite aware of your past endeavors, but let me assure you that by law simply flashing a badge will not be sufficient evidence to allow you to remain here. Even someone with credentials from the Federal Bureau of Investigation would require a warrant to search, or even set foot within this building, and you would require the signature of both our local judge- he's out to golf today- and the Chief of Police in our region, who I think you'll find is much less willing than his subordinates to accept PIT's wild claims at face value."

"If there are corpses, assassins, or demons from an alternate reality that exists beside our own, within this building, then it is not your concern that they are here, nor is it your duty to sniff them out. It is however, my duty as a manager within this facility, to inform you that you are currently both trespassing, and breaking and entering, both of which are punishable in a court of law." Nate recited half of this speech out of sheer memorization, and even what wasn't flowed with a complete authority. He stepped back from the window from which Alice had entered, and gestured towards it. "Now, you can either vacate the premises immediately, or I can call the local authorities and allow them to witness the presense of a DaCre rampaging through our lower halls. With a note that that triple-murder you mentioned? Might be beyond even your ability to cover up."

"And thank you," Nate finished, as he reached and took the coffee from Tanya's returning hand without even turning to see that she was there. "For the coffee, Miss Piddlebane."

"You're welcome, sir." Tanya replied, a look of devilish glee on her face at the sight of Alice getting so legally lambasted.
Back to top Go down
Ark Von Doom

Ark Von Doom

PostSubject: Re: Submersion   Submersion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 2:20 am

"I intend to be blocking your knock off," Petra offered.

"That's 'knock her block off'," Parquis offered.

"Is what I said!" Petra adjusted her stance. "Will be interesting test of skill for me. Come, let us make with the punchings!"

Floppity suddenly whispered into her sister's ear. "Hey, I think she's buying us time."

"What?" Parquis responded, annoyed.

"Y'know..." Floppity started, but Parquis did not know, so the shy sister pawed at the ground with her hoof and continued. "The lady just put away her gun. This would be a good time for us all to get together and... Plan, and stuff. We could even boost em up some, if we wanted to."

"I didn't think she'd put that much thought into it. Huh." Parquis raised an eyebrow, impressed. But Floppity was right, and she didn't waste her time. Scurrying around the two fist-fighters, Parquis called out as subtley as she could to the other DaCre.

"Hey, all of you! Get over here!" Parquis took a small breath, and started exhaling her enhancing perfume. She'd boost those other DaCre whether they wanted it or not.

"We gotsta huddle," Floppity offered, clarifying. Exemplar certainly seemed distracted anyway.
Back to top Go down
duco-ducis

duco-ducis

PostSubject: Re: Submersion   Submersion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 3:03 am

Takita seemed more content to rank up before doing anything. She really didn't want to be going above ground in her d rank if she could help it. Assuming she would remain uninterrupted in this endeavor, she would respond to Floppity's request.

As the strange creature breathed out it's perfume, a small shrew would pop up right before the fumes. After receiving a face full of the stuff and releasing a sharp sneeze, the shrew looked up at Parquis in curiosity. She spoke not a word and only the twitching of her nose and ears indicated any speech.

Assuming she'd succeeded in her rank up, the shrew dived under once more. A few seconds later, a long serpent comprised of sand rose up from below and expectantly waited for the others to act.
Back to top Go down
High
Admin
High

PostSubject: Re: Submersion   Submersion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 1:31 pm

Kyotei reached C and landed by the pair of Floppity and Parquis, eyes still on Exemplar. He was interested at the events going on, but still cautious about Exemplar. Evidence of some honor code aside, this was still a dangerous foe, and he had to be on his guard.

"I can attack very quickly with cutting attacks and concussive blows. As you saw, I am capable of flight, and I'm fairly good at avoiding or deflecting projectiles. Is there any way I can help you attack, or vice versa?"

He spoke without looking directly at Felix, Floppity, or Parquis, his voice quiet, but smooth and confident. He felt it was clear who he was addressing.

Alphonse kept his distance, circling around towards the group of tamers and DaCre, giving Exemplar a wide berth. "Get away from there!" he exclaimed, speaking loudly to try to get Mathew to snap to his senses but at the same time not wanting to draw Exemplar's attention. He winced at the apparent binary in his attempt.
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Submersion   Submersion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 5:20 pm

"Woah, I got a whiff of that breath stuff earlier and I'm not eager for round two!" Felix ported close to the huddle, but slightly out of breath range. He wasn't yet aware Parquis and Floppity's ability sets differed.

"Anyway, keep one of my dice with you at all times, and give me a holler and I'll teleport you the hell out of dodge if things get too..." He paused, slowly widening his grin. "Dicey.." He summoned a die for each of the fighters, rolling it over to them.

~~

And, uh Exemplar took small quick steps forward and through a quick jab with her leading hand at Petra's head. I'm at a loss for how to effectively elaborate for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Ark Von Doom

Ark Von Doom

PostSubject: Re: Submersion   Submersion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:51 pm

"Well," Parquis began, analyzing her new crew, and halting the flow of perfume from her mouth so she could do so. A bird, an earth-innate of some sort, and of course the skunk from before...

"Okay, here's the plan. Shrew, you stay underground. We'll want to keep her on ground level as much as possible because you're the only one that can fly," she said this last bit nodding to Kyotei. "Floppity can debuff her continuously for as long as I keep her in my perfume. So you should try to make sure that any attacks you do are from behind me: that way, even if you miss, she'll still get a gust-full of power-drain. Skunk, that means you stay out of the birds and my way, and try to harrass gun-girl into the shrew's range. If he can pin her body underground, we've basically won."

Parquis smiled at her plan, and looked at the other DaCre with a raised eyebrow, as if wondering why they weren't already doing her bidding.

"Oh, and good luck and have fun and be safe," Floppity offered all at once, all the politeries lost in Parquis's own orders.

Petra easily shifted away from the punch, darting to the side and darting out her own fist at Exemplar's face from the side the DaCre had just punched at her. Hopefully Exemplar wouldn't pull her arm back from her own punch fast enough, and would be unable to do much to avoid the simple boxing tactic of punching and weaving. Otherwise... Well, what was the worst that could happen?

"Hmhm. Knowing what the boxing is does not mean you have the skill to use it, eh?"
Back to top Go down
duco-ducis

duco-ducis

PostSubject: Re: Submersion   Submersion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 12:33 am

The shrew didn't make any verbal response to Parquis' plan. However, she did peek up once more in curiosity. She used her small paws to awkwardly grasp onto one of Felix's dice. It didn't suit her very well so she eventually wedged it into her mouth for the time being. She listened for Parquis to finish before diving under once more.

Once under she began carving out a berth under the soil. Once large enough to at least fit one or two of the DaCre, albeit to a tight fit. She would make sure to deposit the die in this safe berth upon it's completion. Fortunately Parquis' breath helped in this endeavor. Takita marveled at how quickly her claws moved to part the soil.

------------

"Get away from there!"

He didn't need to be told twice. Fortunately for his awkward angle, Matthew only needed to roll back a bit further. Upon getting to his feet, the youth turned tail and ran toward's Alphonse as quickly as he could. At least his long legs were good for something.

"Whew! T-this is not quite what I had in mind when they mentioned testing."
Back to top Go down
NolChannel
Admin
NolChannel

PostSubject: Re: Submersion   Submersion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:58 pm

"Careful," Roeh warned. "Alice really doesn't like it when people get the search-and-seizure rights wrong."

Oh, if only Nate knew just what can of worms he opened. Instead of being offset by Nate's threat, she did nothing but click the sight on her gun:

"There is a difference between search-and-seizure rights and arrests, sir. If I have solid evidence obtained by not setting foot inside of your property, but rather obtained through other means such as driving by, looking around from the outside, or what I see through the door when I knock to ask about what I can search, and the property at hand is CLEARLY at fault or harboring a crime, then I as an officer of the law am both permitted and obligated to both call in reinforcements and enter the premises. Local officers will be here in less than ten minutes to secure the perimeter while the rest of the available PIT members will be knocking down your front door, and if you take it to court the video evidence that can be shown by scanning my android head will more than support my case.

"Now, if you insist on being an idiot, I'll have to arrest you on the willing accommodation of a criminal. I also have you on threatening an officer with that little quip about letting a monster on the city... which, yes, I can report because I am on your premises legally. What will it be, sir 'where's my coffee'?"

"Polite, she is not..."

Back to top Go down
Ark Von Doom

Ark Von Doom

PostSubject: Re: Submersion   Submersion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:43 pm

"Actually, any video information you are currently obtaining is illegal as well. Even with justification to search a building, which, given we aren't harboring a crime, you don't have, it is illegal to film within a private property without the express permission of every single person you shoot, at least without rendering them unrecognizable- and I'm afraid rendering them recognizable again, even for court evidence, would once again make it unuseable. It's Broadcast Law, but it will hold up for you just the same." Nate held his own, even in the face of Alice's display of force. He was a recruiter, and dealt with soldiers crazy enough to work on the CDC's secret projects. Alice's calm, by the books demeanor was actually more a clever test of of his ability to think on his feet than it was an actual concern. Which was good: if he couldn't keep the dogs out, at least legally, he hardly deserved the position he currently had with the CDC anyway.

"Our cameras however, are completely functional and above the level. And they'll clearly show that whatever DaCre you've unleashed below us didn't come from our side, and just as easily prove we aren't harboring anything. At least not knowingly. Furthermore, the flaunting of a weapon within our facility is a direct threat... I think I have you on Police Brutality now too. And possibly something corporate, along the lines of disrupting company workflow by dragging a manager away for so long. They do have conditions for that. Of course," Nate took a short sip of his coffee now. "None of that even matters. Because legal code aside, there is currently a DaCre on the loose in our building. Not a human murderer. And while PIT's primary relevance seems to be dealing with DaCre threats so as not to reveal their existence to the general populace, the CDC loses nothing by revealing their videotapes of whatever is down there for all the world to see."

"You can dismiss it once more as a biological weapon; but I'm not sure the government could even handle the scandal of another incident like the one at Kairik Quarrey. People might question whether PIT is serving its function at all. But what it all boils down to is that this Biological Weapon, or DaCre, that is currently running amok, is something you're going to inevitably try and stop anyway. And I'm not certain, but I'm guessing whatever orders you have are to do it with minimal loss of life, so the odds of you actually shooting me with that gun are astronomically low-if not for morality's sake, then simply because you know the repercussions."

"I'm not underestimating you Alice, and you've probably already worked through every single possible outcome for this situation. So I think you'll find it most expedient to simply leave back the way you came and pray that you are able to stop whatever threat you believe is on our bottom floor before our corporate policies decide it would be more lucrative for us to release your android existence and the presense of more DaCre outbreaks than to simply let you handle this problem- both *without* snooping around our managerial floors, and leaving us a sufficient amount of future legal leverage.." Nate didn't seem particularly aggressive in this statement, though the words themselves were threat enough.

"By the way, my name is Nate. Nate Greendale. It's a pleasure, despite circumstances."
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Submersion   Submersion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 4:47 pm

"Hmm.. I'm not as much of an expert in legal matters as you are, Mr. Greendale, but isn't PIT currently a Black Ops/Vigilante group? As in, they are not official members of the government?" Mr. Elchanan walked in to the scene, coffee mug in one hand, assault rifle case in the other. He directed his attention to Mr. Greendale.

*ding* He pressed a nearby elevator down button.

"After the disaster, weren't you privatized or hidden or something like that by your CO in order to prevent government interference by witless and scared politicians who'd want to destroy the DaCre world in fear?" He asked Roeh and Alice.

Directing his attention back to Greendale. "Wouldn't that make this current intrusion something more like 'Vigilante-ism' or something like that? I'm not aware of PIT currently being a branch of our law-enforcement system, though I'm sure they could forge any credentials they needed." He stopped as the elevator opened.

"Or perhaps, are you members of another one of our law-enforcement branches, some investigations bureau or whatnot, who just happen to get away with not spending any time doing what is supposedly your job, and instead hunt DaCre?" He again was speaking to Roeh and Alice, as he got inside the elevator and pressed the button to go down.

As the door closed, he gave one final parting speech.

"But on the whole, I'm not one who can really duke it out in the arena of aggressive diplomacy, I leave this to you, Mr. Greendale. I'm going to go take my lunch break downstairs."
Back to top Go down
Ark Von Doom

Ark Von Doom

PostSubject: Re: Submersion   Submersion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 5:39 pm

"Of course Mr.Elchanan. Tanya, perhaps you'd like to join him," Nate offered as Mr.Elchanan went on his way.

~I will END you woman...~ Tanya mouthed, yet to remove her eyes from Alice from the moment she had returned with the coffee.

"Tanya."

"Errr, yes, Mr.Greendale." Still glaring fire and death into Alice's sunglass-covered eyes, Tanya pulled a finger across her throat, mouthing something akin to 'If you had organs in your cybernetic rust-bucket I would withdraw them, form them into a noose, and hang you off the roof of a tall building until asphixiated.' Most people wouldn't have been able to pick up that much dialogue in the space it took an elevator door to close- but Tanya was sure Alice would.

"Mechanical freak..." She mumbled aloud when the door finally had closed. Then, her expression returning to one of the utmost politeness, she turned to Mr.Elchanan. "Would you like me to issue a call to the human engineering core as well, or will we be sufficient with the mons- Siege, and that Afro'd thing sir?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Submersion   Submersion - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Submersion
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DaCre: Diagnostics :: Roleplay :: First Story Arc-
Jump to: