DaCre: Diagnostics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DaCre: Diagnostics

The Next Installment of DaCre

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WIP Character Bios

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The 42nd Gecko
Admin

WIP Character Bios Empty
PostSubject: WIP Character Bios   WIP Character Bios I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:30 pm

For posting uncompleted bios and requesting help upon them.

I know some of my abilities are badly explained and these characters are poorly finished.. Any ideas would be wonderful.

What I have of Hitomi so far.

Hitomi

D-Rank

Appearance: A red fox with an angular object floating above her, almost like a bent ruler made out of metal.

Guardian Angle (Passive Innate): Hitomi is followed by a floating angle that boosts the shields that she creates within 2 yards of it. She can also manually move it. However, its speed is rather slow, no faster than a power walk for Hitomi.

Hana de Kai: Hitomi create a barrier out of some ephemeral material that lasts but a moment. It can be created within vision, and is very quick to cast. If necessary, Hitomi can create multiple barriers in the same “turn”, splitting her GE between them.

Fey Aegis: Hitomi creates a number of swirling lights, which will orbit the center of the barrier and reject external physical attacks. This barrier is capable of concentrating all of its strength at any given point the attack is striking. However, using this move requires extreme focus and while using it, Hitomi is pretty much incapable of sensing the outside world except with a massive delay.

Fleet Fox: Hitomi is able to reduce her and her Angle's mass. This allows her and her angle to move very quickly and change direction very easily, but it also makes them easy to knockback. Upon cessation of this ability, current velocity is recalculated with her normal mass.

C-Rank:
Much larger fox, maybe multiple tails, and can use forepaws as hands to some degree.

B-Rank:
Shrine Maiden Spear-wielder

A-Rank:
Um....

What I have of Felix so far...

Felix Spades.
Appearance: A talking striped skunk featuring the card Symbol for spades between his eyes.

Liar’s Dice (Innate): Felix summons up to 13 dice, which allow him to teleport objects and himself between them. They regenerate if destroyed, but on a time scale generally non-useful for battle. The teleportation is not instant and is determined by his GE as though it were a speed innate. He cannot teleport non-willing DaCre. People come out of the teleports with the same orientation and momentum they went in with, in respect to the facing of the die they came in. So, if someone goes in standing atop the one’s facing, and the die they teleport to has the one’s facing downward, they’ll be upside down. GE:50%

Yahtzee: Felix summons five black dice with white dots in his hand and can thrown them despite being a Skunk. If their landing is not disrupted, and all five land as intended, they will cause an explosion at their center. For each dice disrupted, (even by something slight, all that needs to happen is change the upward facing) the power drops extremely. Any die more than 5 feet away from the center is counted as disrupted.
GE:140%, -40/30/20/10% per die disrupted. (each additional die disrupted does less reduction.

Fool’s Gambit: Felix creates a drill shaped shield around himself while spinning/rolling.
GE-140%

C-Rank
Need a gambling tool..

B-Rank

Stained Glass (Innate): Rather than his usual summoning of a gambling tool, Felix takes a turn for the pseudo-religious in his B-Rank, and summons stained glass images upon activating his innate. There are 39 of them, depicting various religious scenes, and, while they are pretty much useless as a direct attack or defense as usual, they still have their usual teleporting ability. GE- 50% Teleportation, even between two points he has to get an object he controls to, is very powerful. And, because he brings his things with him, it's hard to deprive him of them.

Hallelujah Chorus (Passive Ability): Felix, once activating this ability, passively sends out numerous ghostly images of both himself and nearby other DaCre, that move faster than the DaCre and fight each other. What they are doing is playing out various possible actions of both fighters, allowing Felix to "see" possible "futures". There are too many, too fast, and too hazy for other DaCre to determine anything useful for (unless they have a special ability that helps). This allows Felix to defend himself better, by knowing in advance which movements contain the least likely ways to die, and attack better, by predicting which attacks the enemy will be ill-prepared to defend against and more likely to "choke" against and not defend properly just by making a mistake, rather than actually being unable to defend against. However, the very act of seeing the ghosts change the psyche of other DaCre, so Felix isn't seeing the future, he's seeing "something close to the future". Every time he relies on this, he's taking a gamble that seeing the ghosts didn't change the opponent's actions. Also, it doesn't take into account the environment, but rather what the participants think the environment is. So if they are wrong about it, this ability won't work properly. GE-N/A, I don't believe it's applicable.

Crissanglum (Active Ability): Swinging his blade in a wide figure eight forward, it somehow creates a whirling black storm around his whole body on the horizontal plane, about two feet wide, thick, and tall, in a diamondish shape. He can also perform a version that diffuses the storm to shield his whole body, but at the cost of power density. This ability sinks momentum he has when he activates it into the attack/shield, the sink isn't instantaneous but close. This allows him to use it to recover from falls and get a little extra power while moving, but also prevents him from moving with it activated. GE- 140% Very low range, no movement, I think that heavily overcompensates for the boost it gets from absorbing his momentum.

Black Cross (Single Use Passive): His weapon is very durable and that durability allows it to have a very sharp edge, thought that edge is still nowhere near the level of destruction he'd have if he had a physical boost. GE- 250% Single use passives should be very strong, and this is no exception.

A-Rank

Ze playing cards...

Last edited by The 42nd Gecko on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
duco-ducis

duco-ducis

WIP Character Bios Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Character Bios   WIP Character Bios I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:40 pm

I think Hitomi's move should be some sort of speed innate or a buff. Something she can put either on her guardian angle or targets effected by her barriers. That or something the effects the guardian angle so, when struck, it deals damage to the striker equal to the amount of damage Hitomi's barriers have stopped or absorbed. I also think it's be neat if Hitomi can actually put the angle in her mouth and move with it. At the very least this means she could go from a power walk when mentally moving it, to a trot when carrying it(due it's size or awkward shape she probably wouldn't be able to full on sprint with it or anything).

In her c rank I think you should incorporate the tails. Having an ability that summons an orb above each tail and each one provides a cumulative boost(either to the effectiveness of her barriers or some sort of buff idk).

You could also totally use the tails as some sort of source for an aura beam or something. But idk if you want Hitomi to be full on support or not. But if she is a support type, it might be good to have either a healing move perhaps(like any shield on a target loses it's protective edge but instead turns into a healing aura)or something that can lift status ailments).

Felix: Pity we don't have seconds in the timestamps anymore, cause there's alot of opportunity in those. On the other hand isn't it possible to incorporate these forums with a die roll? Felix could really do a good job of incorporating something like that.
Other than that is Felix one of the fortunate to actually have a weapon already without needing a move. Cause that's confused me as I never saw an actual move ability that summons one for him.
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko
Admin

WIP Character Bios Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Character Bios   WIP Character Bios I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:23 pm

His weapon is part of his form. Black Cross is a single use passive, which makes that weapon very strong*. Single use passives are designed for weapons/armors that are very strong physically and hard to break, but they don't really have a metaphysical component such as a super-slicing-through-buildings edge or firing off blast waves.

*Not as though it were a GE:250% attack, but as if it were a GE:250%, say, manipulation innate used to create a weapon.
Back to top Go down
High
Admin
High

WIP Character Bios Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Character Bios   WIP Character Bios I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 1:14 pm

Do you guys mean a Guardian Angel, or do you really mean some angle? :p
Back to top Go down
https://dacrediagnostics.forumotion.com
The 42nd Gecko
Admin

WIP Character Bios Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Character Bios   WIP Character Bios I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 4:06 pm

Read Hitomi's bio. Razz
Back to top Go down
Ark Von Doom

Ark Von Doom

WIP Character Bios Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Character Bios   WIP Character Bios I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 4:24 pm

Just a suggestion for Felix's C-rank... A roulette wheel? Could be used to teleport over a big circular area, or wherever its balls bounce. Or, the different triangular parts of the roulette could all fan out, and each be a teleportation site.

Another option is a back-mounted slot-machine. Tokens on the places he teleports to?

Just my random musings Razz
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko
Admin

WIP Character Bios Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Character Bios   WIP Character Bios I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 5:17 pm

Oooh, both of those are good options, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WIP Character Bios Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Character Bios   WIP Character Bios I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WIP Character Bios
Page 1 of 1